Subject: [PATCH] check-config: allow to complete build even with ad-hoc CONFIG options
From: Masahiro Yamada <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 13:05:02 +0900

Currently, the check-config.sh terminates the build when unknown
ad-hoc options are detected.  I think it is too much because we may
want to patch config headers locally in a build/deployment project.

So, let's relax check-config.sh to just warn even if it detects
options that are not in the whitelist.  Instead, this check can be
done at the end of build, along with other checks.  It will catch
more attention.

Even with this change, the Buildman tool catches new warnings,
so Tom can give NACK to new ad-hoc options.

Signed-off-by: Masahiro Yamada <[email-masked]>
---
 scripts/check-config.sh | 3 +--
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)

--- a/scripts/check-config.sh
+++ b/scripts/check-config.sh
@@ -50,14 +50,13 @@ cat `find ${srctree} -name "Kconfig*"` |sed -n \
 	|sort |uniq > ${ok}
 comm -23 ${suspects} ${ok} >${new_adhoc}
 if [ -s ${new_adhoc} ]; then
-	echo >&2 "Error: You must add new CONFIG options using Kconfig"
+	echo >&2 "Warning: You must add new CONFIG options using Kconfig"
 	echo >&2 "The following new ad-hoc CONFIG options were detected:"
 	cat >&2 ${new_adhoc}
 	echo >&2
 	echo >&2 "Please add these via Kconfig instead. Find a suitable Kconfig"
 	echo >&2 "file and add a 'config' or 'menuconfig' option."
 	# Don't delete the temporary files in case they are useful
-	exit 1
 else
 	rm ${suspects} ${ok} ${new_adhoc}
 fi